The Back Story.
One of my favorite sims is the 1920’s Berlin Project, a recreation of Berlin during the Weimar Republik (after World War I but before the Nazi rise to power). These folks are serious about their historical reproductions, so if you want to check it out, be sure you’re wearing something passably appropriate. No hoochie mama minis, exposed boobies with electrical tape on the nipples, or elephant impressions. Such displays would have gotten you arrested in Berlin circa 1929, and they have a jail at the Project that they’ll stick you in (unless you resist, in which case you’ll just get a Stiefel in the Popo).
I wore this little outfit I whipped together, and while not absolutely period in the most faithful way, it at least gives the right vibe. I didn’t get booted, and I met another suspendered sock lover.
- Hair: !lamb – DIY in ink
- Hat: Swank – Drap Woolen Cap (for men) – 0L (gift at the Berlin Teleportplatz)
- Skin: Mother Goose’s – Hena – 0L (lucky board)
- Glasses: Christine Svenska (unsure of availability)
- Pipe: sur+ – Bonaparte Pipe – 0L (MENstuff Hunt item #35)
- Sweater: Ash Productions (AP) – Grey Open Sweater – 0L (gift at the Costa Rica sim)
- Top: DCNY – Contrast tank – 0L (Costa Rica sim gift)
- Brooch: Ancient freebie made by Ryan Linden as a belt buckle.
- Skirt: Icing – Angle Food Cake (part of outfit) – 0L (former lucky board item)
- Socks: Pig – Socks mit Suspenders in Antique Mint – 0L (gift)
- Shoes: Baby Monkey – Molly Flats, color changeable – 10L
- Location: 1920’s Berlin Project