The Back Story.
At their Paris Fashion Week show, Rochas was all over the karakul hat, the “furgina” made famous and chic by Hamid Karzai.
|The Colbert Report||Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
|Hamid Karzai’s Fashionable Hat|
Over a year ago, the New York Times said this hat was so over, at least in Afghanistan. In Paris of March 2011, however, it’s the bomb. Alas, Second Life is closer to Afghanistan on this one. I searched and searched and come up nil. The closest I could get was a handful of garrison caps. The one pictured here is a very rudimentary one sold via the Marketplace, and you have to be willing and able to add textures to it yourself in order to make it something approaching interesting. Give me RL fabric and an RL sewing machine, and I’ll do you something quite respectable, but I know next to nuzing, dahlink, about making virtual clothes.
Designers’ challenge: make a decent Persian lamb karakul/Karzai hat. In multiple colors, please, or better yet, color changeable.
- Hair: Analog Dog – Hair Base in Jet – 0L (gift)
- Hat: Profanity Inc – Garrison Cap – 55L
- Skin: Pinkinnik – Yoko – 0L (former lucky board)
- Makeup (lips): Tuli – Parted Lips 1 – 0L (gift)
- Earrings: EarthStones – Silver/Red Jasper set
- Top: The Sea Hole – Zeebrugge bodysuit in lilac – 0L (group gift)
- Coat: Fir & MNA – Guvnor Jacket – 10L (former hunt item)
- Gloves: Pixel Dolls – Wool Plaid Gloves in Purple – 10L
- Purse: Baby Monkey – Mini Clutch in Black Sequin – 0L (former gift or hunt item?)
- Pants: Swank Brothers – Drab Suit – 0L (1920s Berlin sim gift)
- Shoes: Maitreya – Slinky Stilettos in black w/red
- Location: CineCitta’ (Cinema City, Rome)