The Back Story.
This time of year in Germany, Spargel is all the rage. That’s white asparagus, or really kind of a creamy colored asparagus. It’s cultivated in deep mounds, so it never gets sunlight, hence the lack of chlorophyll that would make it green. It’s delicious and delicate, without the slight bitterness of your more run-of-the-mill asparagus grown without shielding it like a nun in cloister.
I don’t know why I’m bringing this up, except to argue that I could have dressed in white this week, and called it asparagus. If you’re from the southern United States, you know that the color “asparagus” is the same as any cooked vegetable green – kind of olive-colored. Southerners traditionally cook their green vegetables to frickin’ death.
Whatev… I like my asparagus when it comes with a tinge of purple around the tip, because I like what aubergine and green do for each other.
- Hair: Magika – Maya in cocoa – 49L
- Skin: JeSyLiLo – Skin Fair Gift 3
- Makeup: Les Petit Details (LpD) – Green Strong Kajal – 0L (group gift)
- Glasses: Crie Style – Kabuki – 0L @ the Marketplac
- Jacket: S@bbia – Cotton Quilt Jacket – 0L (lucky board)
- Top: Jane – Intrinsic Tank in celery – 0L
- Brooch: Amaranthus Rose Branch – Zirconium Brooch – hunt item
- Kerchief: Querida @ Wow Fashion – Silk Scarf in Light Sage 11L @ the Marketplace
- Necklace: Silent Woods – Elva Kadhir – 0L @ the Marketplace
- Skirt: Riddle – Wool Skirt in purple – 100L
- Socks: LaViere – Basic Mid Calf in eggplant – 0L (opening gift) + This is a Fawn – Knit Knee Sock tattoo layer in aubergine – former hunt item
- Boots: Fools Fate – Zipper Boot in green leather – former gacha bargain