The Back Story.
I decided to get away from it all in a far off land (far off to me, anyway). The shape drama on SL is getting craaaazy, peoples (see also Alicia Chenaux’s pithy “Stop it” piece). Am I sensing a ground swell of consumer revolt against the grump-face pony-rider shape? A final smack down before the demise of a fad?
Whatever it might be, remember folks, that these avatars we play around with are not our corporeal bodies. They aren’t even as materially substantive as a doll that you can hold in your hands, for that matter.
I just recalled an incident from when I was five years old. A neighbor boy made fun of the way one of my dollies looked, and I whacked him upside the head with a pointy metal thing. He had to get stitches. I got grounded. Over a damn doll.
Yeah. Dumb. But I was five and had skin about as thick as nanofilm.
- Hair w/ color change hat: Point b (Analog Dog) ~ washu in soft black ~ holiday gift
- Skin: Curio ~ Jasmine, honey dark pure 2
- Makeup (eyes): Boom ~ Love my Eyes liner & mascara
- Makeup (lips): Esk-Imo ~ Red Japan
- Pipe: Quazar Panthar (QP) ~ Apple Pipe, sand blast finish
- Shirt w/tie: Hell Bop Clothing (HB) ~ Dixon ~ 10L @ the Hell Bop Cart Sale
- Necklace: Bliensen + Mai Tai ~ Secret Diaries ~ 10L @ the Hell Bop Cart Sale
- Bangles: Bubblez ~ Yuyume (bangles part of outfit) ~ past group gift/lucky board
- Tights: Sleeping Koala ~ Cat Scratch Tights ~ 10L @ the Hell Bop Cart Sale
- Shoes: Babylee & Tommy (B&T) ~ Sequin Boots ~ 10L @ the Hell Bop Cart Sale
- Suitcase: Vinyl Cafe ~ Vintage Mesh Suitcase ~ past group gift
- Texture Overlay: boreanlnz (Jill Ferry) ~ Dusty tv with light-leaks (from free texture set on flickr) ~ Mostly of interest to the photogs amongst you who like playing around with texture overlays in Photoshop for effect, but also giving credit where credit is due. Many thanks to all the creatives out there who make their stuff available to other creatives to play with.