[location: “secret room” @ +:::+natural+:::+ – look for the little door]
The Back Story.
I didn’t run screaming at the thought of pink. I rather like it, although I am awfully tired of way it is used to symbolically “honor” women and “show we care” about them. Slap on a pink glow necklace, and there you go, steroidal baseball guy… proof that you “honor” your mother. What more would you ever need to do? Think of women as equal? Not relegate any woman who isn’t a mother to a lower status? Stop it with all the symbolic “honoring,” and let go of your desperate death clutch on the meaningless reigns of patriarchal power?
Nyah… why would anyone want to do that when merchandisers can just sell folks a bunch of pink crap, and it’s all good? “I honor women… see… I’m wearing pink!” ‘kay, ‘kay, ‘kay, whatever.
Evidently, I have something of a love/hate relationship with pink. Its feminized symbolic construction bugs me. At the same time, girly pink is really appealing. At the same time, it’s such a trivialized color, and thus symbolically trivializes and marginalizes women, and I hate that. And what do I go and do for this challenge? I went total femmie-girly-girly.
It’s complicated, as they say.
- Hair: Milana – Olive – 0L (group gift)
- Skin: Al Vulo – Elena Huntress – 0L (Where is… Hunt item)
- Eyes: Letituer – Dark Brown – 30L
- Makeup: Damned – Eyes make up in “pink” – 0L (Where is… Hunt item)
- Necklace: Curious Kitties – Peaceful Sakura Choker in “red” – 0L @ marketplace
- Dress: Tiny Bird – Painted Flower Dress in “pink” – store closed, but some items still available @ the marketplace
- Socks: Pig – Duotone Socks mit Suspenders in “sherbet” – 0L (gift)
- Shoes: Ding – 50 Flats, “pink textured” – 0L (group gift)