[location: in the mood for 2046]
The Back Story.
I love hearing about drama, but me no likey participating in it. Maybe that’s why I tend to keep my head down socially in SL, especially when it comes to the strange romantic imbroglios some folks use the metaverse to engage in. A dj friend of mine was doing one of his gigs the other evening, and he sometimes gets out there and dorks it up on the dance floor rather than hang out in the safety zone of his spin table. Occasionally he does something really questionable like dance with the clientele. On this particular evening, he got the balls up and ready, and before the gal whom he had asked to dance could hop on, another one (one whose profile included much information about how she “voice chats” and is “up for fun” and “you should call me sometime”) elbowed the woman out of the way to hop on pop first. The one who had been asked to dance did a grand hurumph and poofed out. One angry pixel lady down, another 5,000 or so to go.
This same dj told me about a friend of his who has an entourage of pixel men she brings with her to clubs. At one of these venues, the club manager — yet another generic, long-legged hawt pixel babe — “hit on” every single last one of these guys, thereby upsetting the gal with all the man-toys. She left and will never step virtual foot in that make-believe club ever again. So there. Were all these pixel men her boyfriends? No, says my dj buddy, just her friends. Wull… then why did it matter to her that the other gal chatted them all up? I don’t know, said my friend. Does hitting on pixel men really matter, and why would anyone really want to do that anyway? Is there some sort of point system going on here; the bigger your personal opposite sex (so they say) entourage, the higher your score? Is that why the club manager was hitting on them? You score double points for actually “stealing” a pixel man away from someone else’s avatar and adding them to yours?
Any insights on why a bunch of people in the 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s would get wrapped up in this sort insanity would be welcomed.
- Hair: EMO-tions ~ Robin in black ~ @ My Attic @ The Deck
- Skin: Mother Goose’s ~ Jamil II(B) ~ lucky board item
- Top: xxYOMESHOUJOxx ~ Coki top (part of dress) ~ group gift
- Bracelets: *+*IJLL*+* (Jill by Jill Lemon) ~ leather bracelet in white ~ past group gift, but can’t find in world or marketplace + The Sea Hole ~ Drinky Essentials Bagles ~ past group gift.
- Tattoo: Daisuki Tattoo ~ Hana & Hanna ~ past hunt item
- Shorts: Pig ~ Dolly Shorts in espresso ~ @ the Free Dove
- Socks: xxYOMESHOUJOxx ~ Coki socks (part of dress) ~ group gift + +:::+Natural+:::+ ~ Mignon in white (lace anklets)
- Leggings: Anthem ~ Lovely Knees
- Shoes: PM [Pixel Mode] ~ Baby T in white ~ past group gift